Our Mission is to realize our vision by providing the following programs and services with integrity, professionalism, expertise, compassion, and respect.
Advocacy and Leadership: Advocate for programs, policies, research, and surveys that enhance our vision. Lead change initiatives informed by research and data to better serve our vision.
Education: Develop and provide research-based education and programming for faculty, staff, students, and community members that supports an inclusive, accessible community free from violence, harassment, and discrimination.
Legal compliance: Oversee and implement the university’s efforts to comply with laws relating to civil rights, accessibility, harassment, and discrimination.
Support: Provide excellent, timely, and compassionate support for faculty, staff, and students navigating challenging issues at Stanford by
- connecting individuals to resources,
- explaining options and processes,
- keeping individuals apprised of the status of their matters, and
- assisting with appropriate accommodations.
Response: Redress community concerns relating to violence, harassment, accessibility, and discrimination by
- Investigating matters with fair and impartial investigators using trauma-informed methods, and
- Remedying effects of unlawful discrimination and harassment and prevent its recurrence
Accountability: Record, maintain, and publish information to the campus community relating to incidents of discrimination, harassment, and violence.