Skip to main content Skip to secondary navigation

Emergency Protective Restraining Order

Main content start

Depending on your circumstances there may be criminal, civil, and Stanford options available to you.

File a Report

If you believe you are the victim of a criminal act, such as sexual assault, dating violence, or stalking, and if you believe that there is an ongoing threat to your safety from a particular individual, you may request an Emergency Protective Restraining Order from a California police officer. Call 911 to make a report, or if you are already working with a particular officer, you may call that department/officer.

Stanford's Department of Public Safety
24-hour, non-emergency: (650) 329-2413

Notify the Title IX Coordinator

Victims who receive emergency or permanent protective or restraining orders through a criminal or civil process should notify the University's Title IX Coordinator at The University will work with the victim and the person who is the subject of the restraining order to manage compliance with the order on Stanford's campus.