We invite you to use confidential counseling resources to support your immediate and long term needs. Confidential resources have special legal protection and will not share your name or personal information with anyone. These resources can also discuss your options to support you in making informed choices based on your individual needs.
On-Campus Resource For Students
Confidential Support Team (CST)
The Confidential Support Team offers confidential support to Stanford students impacted by sexual assault and relationship violence, including domestic abuse, intimate partner abuse, stalking and sexual or gender-based harassment. CST services include information and help accessing resources, short-term emotional support and ongoing individual counseling. There is no charge for Stanford students. For more information about CST’s 24/7 hotline, hours and support services, please visit the CST web page.
CST is not currently web booking appointments. Students can call to schedule routine appointments via business line (650) 736-6933 and urgent support via the hotline (650) 725-9955. CST is continuing to offer ongoing therapy via video (Zoom) for students who are still in California (per state & federal licensing laws). For students who are not in California, CST is unfortunately not able to offer therapy due to cross-state license issues. However, no matter where the student is, CST can offer urgent/crisis support by phone and consultation to help students connect with appropriate local care.
- Business line: (650) 736-6933
- 24 Hour Hotline: (650) 725-9955 (initially directed to CAPS on-call clinicians)
- Confidential Support Team (CST) website
Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
- Business Line: (650) 498-2336
- 24 Hour Hotline: (650) 723-3785
- Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) website
- Immediate Mental Health Crisis Assistance
YWCA Golden Gate Silicon Valley @ Stanford
- 24/7 Support Line: 800.572.2782
- Stanford Line: (408) 649-7686
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Weekly Walk In Hours:
Mondays 8 AM - 2 PM
Thursdays/Fridays 4 PM - 8 PM
Saturdays/Sundays 10 AM - 3 PM
Services available outside of Walk-In hours by appointment.
YWCA @ Stanford provides free and confidential support to all survivors of sexual assault, domestic violence, human trafficking, stalking, and sexual harassment in the Stanford community on campus.
On-Campus Resource For Faculty and Staff
Faculty Staff Help Center: (650) 723-4577
- YWCA Support Hotline is available 24 hours a day: (800) 572-2782
- Rape Trauma Services (San Mateo County) Crisis Line: (650) 692-7273
- Community Overcoming Relationship Abuse (San Mateo County) Hotline: (800) 300-1080
- Bay Area Legal Aid (Santa Clara County): (408) 850-7066
- Bay Area Legal Aid (San Mateo County): (650) 358-0745